Monday, December 27, 2010

A Holiday Weekend

Christmas Eve: The stockings were hung by the entertainment center with care.  From left to right that's Fabri's, my and Olney's stocking. 
Brunella and I having our Christmas Eve aperitivo!
Olney wants the 3 foot salami for his Christmas Eve aperitivo!
Our Christmas Eve dinner in Ruffia.  Maria Pia sets a lovely table.
Twenty-two of us gathered for dinner in Ruffia!
We ate a yummy dinner of the seven fishes: salmon, caviar, octopus, shrimp, clams, baccala (oops, we missed one because we forgot to make the calamari!)
Christmas Morning: Where are our presents!?!?  Fabri, Olney & I all got some sweet stuff in our stockings and Fabri gave me some GORGEOUS diamond earrings.  
 Christmas Day: Maria Pia & I made a lunch of roast turkey, mushroom stuffing and baked corn!
Christmas day we were only about 10 people.  That just meant more delicious American food for the rest of us!
 Santo Stefano: the day after Christmas (which is a holiday here) we finally got a little tiny bit of snow. I made a casserole with some left over turkey, porcini mushrooms and egg noodles.
We had a small lunch just Fabri's family in Ruffia.  A nice, calm way to end the holiday weekend!

Have a Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! looks great jess! love the photo with you and brunella...very festive! thanks for sharing the pics with all of us! happy new year to you too! XOXOXO

mom said...

Everything looks beautiful and festive. Olney, Fabri and you are so cute! The Motta family looks very happy and all the food looks yummy. Love you all!

witcrow said...

I am just catching up Jess. The pictures are wonderful and you look so happy! That makes me happy! I think your next profession should be food photography. I love that you take so many photos and especially liked the one of the dough with the cut-outs of the Christmas trees! I never knew about the 7 fishes dinner before--quite interesting. Thanks as always, for sharing. Wishing you and Fabre a happy and healthy 2011. May it be your best year yet!

Lauren said...

Hey Jess, I love the stockings hung on the entertainment center with care!! We had a very nice Christmas and it looks like you guys did too :-) Happy New Year!

Carolyn said...

Always fun to read your blog while I'm in bed on a day off. That 3 foot salami is pretty awesome. You guys probably have something pretty fun planned for new year's eve, so we'll look forward to hearing all about it!!

Jess said...

Have I mentioned that I like to cook? I'm trying to rustle up a dinner party to write to you all about, but I'll have a yummy dinner out to write about for NYE!! Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2011 is the year to host you all in Italy!