Friday, March 25, 2011

Exploring Lombardy with Micah & Anna

I am overwhelmed by the idea of writing about everything that happened this super fun weekend in Lombardia, so I'm starting by just sticking some captioned photos on here and see if something more organically flows from that beginning!

We visited Bergamo, Cremona and Piacenza with Micah & Anna!
Bergamo is all decked out to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the unification of Italy.


Exploring Bergamo Alta (high) - the historic center is up on a hill above the modern city

The facade of the Duomo of Bergamo

The main piazza - we ate at that restaurant to the right

Looking down on Bergamo Basso (low)

Walking down to get the car & head to Cremona for night #2!

Piazza duomo in Cremona

Tallest brick tower in Italy, and we went up it!

Fabri climbing the final staircase up the tower

It took me some convincing and I was the last to arrive to the top.


Here we are in front of the duomo.  The rain began Sunday morning,

This is a very rainy Piacenza where we stopped for lunch before heading home.

5 comments:

mom said...

You look very pretty in your trench coat Jessie.

Jess said...

Thanks Mom! I bought it in Cremona!

Amy Buff said...

You look really pretty in that photo on the stairs. And I like this photo post idea:)

Jen said...

The photo post was perfect for me to enjoy as we drive to New York. It was very easy to read on my phone in the back seat with Emma. I loved the dark blue sky in the evening photos. So pretty!

Jess said...

I am glad people are enjoying my laziness!!