Friday, March 4, 2011

A Normal Day in the Life

Exciting news.  This is my hundredth post!  Ok, not really that exciting, but I've been enjoying writing these and I really enjoy looking back at the photos and stories from the past 2.5 years.  Let me know what you like the best about the blog!

We've been keeping things low key lately.  You know, the holidays have been over for a couple months; the weather is still pretty bad; and, though we have things to look forward to, they're not happening until the spring.  So what have we been doing?  Well, Fabri's been working a lot and I've been trying to keep busy.  I have a few students, but I don't volunteer at the museum anymore.

the path around the field
Everyday I walk the dog a couple of times.  Often we meet neighbors with their dogs and let them play together in the field near our house.  

making some beer can chickens to eat for the week
I attempt to keep the house clean and presentable because sometimes we have fun folks come over for dinner!  This week was our upstairs neighbors.

rosemary encrusted salmon with red potatoes
I love to cook so I make dinner every night.  Sunday we made bugie, fried cookies, with Maria Pia.


Now that it's getting to be a little, tiny bit spring-like, I've been working in my "garden".  I cut some flowering bush branches and brought them inside to open.  The pink ones are very perfumed so the house smells like spring!

The palace in Racconigi, check out the storks on the roof!
Sometimes we go to markets or just to visit around a nearby town.  Last weekend we went to a flea market in Racconigi. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

the salmon looked delicious! are we some of your fun friends;)

Jess said...

You are some of my fun friends! And that salmon dish is SUPER delicious!! You'll have to come over soon to try it.

Carolyn said...

Your springtime flowers look so lovely!! Yay for your 100th post!!

Amy Buff said...

Did I read "fried cookies" correctly? Could anything in life possibly be better than a fried cookie?

witcrow said...

Who taught you how to make beer can chickens? Dad? I have never seen that before!