Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Food & Friends

A couple of weeks ago I went out with some great English speaking ladies.  We were celebrating a birthday in style with fancy cocktails and then a yummy dinner.
English speaking ladies!!
Then about a week ago Fabri and I went to dinner with a big group of friends we don't get to see enough of.  We thought we were going to go out in Saluzzo with two or three other couples.  On Saturday Fabri called me to make the dinner reservation (he was working) and told me we would need a reservation for 18!!  I thought he was crazy!  I tried to find a restaurant in Saluzzo that could handle us with a few hours notice with no luck.  Miki thankfully made a reservation for us at the Osteria del Teatro in Savigliano. 
Table for 18 please!
We had a lot of fun catching up with all those Savi-beach friends.  Pej and his girlfriend even came all the way from Turin just for dinner!  I have to say, the food wasn't great, but the company was amazing and there was never a lull in the conversation.  It was good practice for my Italian because all the girls sat at one end of the table and the boys at the other, so Fabri and I were too far apart for him to help me speak.  I just had to prove my awesomeness!!
Some of those Savi-Beach friends 2.5 years ago at our Italian wedding reception.

7 comments:

mom said...

The English speaking ladies look lovely and the Savi-Beach friends look rowdy! You and Fabri look awesome in that picture of 2008.

Unknown said...

they always do that in italy.. girls on one end and guys on the other!

Lauren said...

Sounds like a fun time with the English and Italian Speakers.

I think this is the first time I have seen this picture from your Italian wedding. I hope you guys have it in a frame - you and Fabri look fabulous amidst all your friends having a great time!

Caitlin said...

What an amazing and grown-up life you lead! And congratulations for holding your own at a table full of native Italian-speakers. That kind of thing is NOT easy! That you could keep up with conversation and even participate in conversation is VERY impressive!!!

Caitlin said...

Hmm....so "Tulip" is supposed to be Caitlin James...lol.

Jess said...

Thank you everyone!

@ Lauren...the Italian wedding pictures are all on my Picasa Web Albums

@ Caitlin...you love spring so much, you turned into a tulip!

witcrow said...

The picture of you at the wedding is absolutely gorgeous. Collecting food sounds fun to me, too. I wish we could do it around here. The closest we get is going to Butler's or someplace like that and picking your own berries! You are really great at taking photos of your cooking. I love seeing what you make! Miss you Ms. Jess!
Love you, Aunt Sue