Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving





Tomorrow we're doing our Thanksgiving.  I'm cooking dinner for 17 of Fabri's family!  I don't know how I get myself into these things.  This afternoon I'm going with Maria Pia to buy two turkeys!  No 40 pound turkeys thankfully.  Two smaller ones will work much better I'm sure.

Yesterday Fabri got off work early which was really nice and we had lunch together and toasted to Thanksgiving.  Then I did some cooking for tomorrow.  I had to make my own evaporated milk.  It's not that hard, you just heat milk on very low heat, but it takes HOURS.  I needed 3 cups for 2 pumpkin pies and it took about 4 hours to create it.  I think that will be the hardest part (at least I hope so).  Last night we went out to dinner at our favorite restaurant in Saluzzo, La Taverna del Artista.  We had steak with grilled veggies, french fries, foccacia and our favorite wine.  Yum!

Now I have to hop to it and make those pies before it's time to go turkey shopping.  Have a great holiday weekend!

5 comments:

mom said...

Right back at you Jess. I am sure the food and company will be wonderful. Happy first Italian thanksgiving! love you , mom xoxoxo

Laura Goldstein said...

I hope it went well! Call me to tell me about ittttt!

Unknown said...

i hate to break it to you but i think they do have evaporated milk! its hard to find but its near the nuts!!!but you ROCK!!!

Jess said...

We asked at 4 grocery stores. They have concentrated milk, which is different, it's sweetened. Then we looked for regular powdered milk and only found baby formula. Mamma mia!

Anonymous said...

Chickpea fritter ... that's a falafel!