Monday, October 20, 2008

Italian Wedding Reception



On Sunday, September 28, the Motta's hosted a wedding reception open house for Fabri and I at their Bed and Breakfast "La Ruffianella."  Here's a link to their website for those of you who are interested: www.laruffianella.com.

For the party there were 4 large tents set up in the backyard.  It was a beautiful sunny day luckily and it was very pleasant until the sun went down and it got cold.  There was plenty to eat and drink though Fabri and I were too busy greeting our guests to have any of it.  At one point I realized I was really hungry and sat down for a plate of pasta.  We showed Dad's wedding music video on a semi continuous loop and received many, many compliments for that.  

All of Fabri's friends came and after eating we danced and sang.  Fabri was not optimistic about the musician the caterer hired, but he turned out to be really great.  He played tranquil piano music for the aperitivo and then later in the evening he switched to more upbeat and dance music.  There was even a little karaoke where Antonio and Maria Pia sang with some of Maria Pia's colleagues.  Later Fabri's friends Albi & Mia stole the show with a couple of songs.  I wished we could have danced a little more and serenaded a little less, but it was fun.  

After the party I drove Fabri and I home which was exciting because it was in Fabri's car which is a manual.  I only stalled once or twice and I did not stall on a hill where I had to stop, so I consider that a success.  It has yet to be repeated....

7 comments:

witcrow said...

How's your Italian Jess? Were you able to converse at the soiree?

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...

Aaaaw, you celebrated my birthday by celebrating your marriage! How sweet. Jotting down a birthday note to gramps now, guess I should send some mail your way too! Remind me, how much postage will it need to get to you? *deleted my last post after realizing there was a rather silly grammar error!*

Jess said...

Yay! Send me stuff. A letters and post cards are $0.94. My Italian isn't bad. I understand a lot, and I talk some, but slowly and with small words... lol

Katie said...

It sounds like a fairy tail! Ok maybe one where you are only kinda able to talk (I'm sure your better at Italian then you give your self credit for!) Good Luck. Enjoy.

Jess said...

I just talk in English if I don't know the words. I feel like people should learn English anyway as it is a much more useful language than Italian. Also Katie Green needs to stop freaking people out with her new married name all over the place! (Congratulations)

Leah said...

I agree about the part about Katie's name...i saw it on facebook and was wondering who she was. The reception looks like it was fun! My only question is why didn't you serenade the group? :)