Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Poll Results

After stalling for a few days at an even 13 - 13, the final results are in!  You think we're having a......GIRL!  The final results were 15 to 13, so not a very convincing margin, but it was fun to watch the results come in. 

My cousin Jen suggested trying some old wives' tales to clear up the matter, so here's the list I compiled:

  • Chinese Birth Chart                                             girl
  • Carrying High                                                      girl
  • Dry Skin                                                               boy
  • Hair
    • Thin & Dull = boy
    • Full & Glossy = girl                                   My hair is full & dull so...tie
  • Extra Weight on Front Only                                 boy (hooray for no extra weight on my butt & hips!)
  • Sum of Age at Conception and Month Conceived
    • 29 + 6 = 35 an Odd Number                       girl
  •  Wedding Ring on a String Over Belly Swings in a Pendulum            girl
  • Fabri has NO Sympathy Weight                           boy
 So the old wives' tales say girl by another narrow margin.  We're definitely going to stick with the yellow & green theme for now.  I will be writing Nesting Part 2 as soon as I get the chance so you can see the finished nursery, so be on the look out for that!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Just for the record, I did end up voting boy for you. And for what it's worth, the last few friends who have had babies, I did predict correctly what they were having... so that means you'll be having a boy. :-)

mom said...

Boy, girl, boy, girl, just a little bundle of joy is all I want. I am excited and can't wait!

Anna and Micah said...

How about the Italian wives tale - if a woman maintains her beauty with pregnancy (which you have) then she is having a boy. The baby girls take it all from their moms! Have you heard this? I think it's funny, but not as cooky as some of those others.

Jess said...

No! I hadn't heard that one. Then it's definitely a boy because I'm still a hottie! Thanks guys!