Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Nice with the Rents

We had a nice visit with my parents.  The weather was pretty so-so: rain off and on, but we still managed to have some fun.  On Saturday morning we went to Nice.  The weather in Italy was overcast and chilly, but as soon as we passed through the tunnel into France we saw a blue sky ahead.  I love when it works like that!

This trip was extra exciting because we brought Olney to Nice for his first time.  Now he's officially an International Travel Pup! 

We did a lot of walking and exploring and a bit of shopping in Nice.  I think we really tired out Mom & Dad with all that walking. We found an artisans market in a piazza.  I felt bad for the sellers though because it was REALLY windy and things were getting broken and blown around. 

We took Mom & Dad to Wayne's to experience that craziness.  It was a little too crazy for them and we escaped to the Promenade to watch the sunset.

On Sunday we did some more shopping and bought some Lily of the Valleys.  May first is the Lily of the Valley fair in Nice.  As far as I can tell, they just sell a bunch of the flowers all over the city.  It's also a communist holiday, so we saw a workers' demonstration march as well.
Mostly we just soaked up the sun and enjoyed hanging out together and Olney was so well behaved I want to go back again next weekend!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like great fun! love the pic with your parents and the sunset! hope to meet them one day!

Maddie said...

Hope your having fun with your parents! Lol! Miss you! :(

-Maddie C

Lauren said...

Looks liike a great trip with mom and dad! joey and i are looking forward to being similarly tired out by vacationing!! still airfare hunting...

Jess said...

Thank you! We had a lot of fun. And I'm serious, I think we're going back this weekend with the International Travel Pup!

madeline said...

You can tell how windy it is from your Mom's hair! Too bad the weather wasn't a bit better but at least you had fun and got to see them. Looking forward to your visit! Love Aunt Sue (even though Maddie is signed in!)

Amy Buff said...

Is that your Nice shirt? I have a photo with you in that same spot with the same shirt:) Good thing it's a cute one.

Jess said...

Ha ha! It is my Nice shirt! I think it's very "French Riviera." Thanks for calling me out, punk!