Monday, February 7, 2011

Shopping in Torino

My sister said that there are too many pictures of snow and stories of snowshoeing on my blog lately.  I asked her what she wanted to read about and she said shopping!  So that's what I did.
Laura & I on the train to Turin
I called my friend Laura (of Laura & Antonio) and said, "let's go to H & M in Turin Saturday morning."  She said, "ok, let's do it!"  Well sort of, we were speaking Italian the whole time and I don't remember what anyone said exactly, but that's the gist of the story.
Piazza San Carlo
So Saturday morning I walked the puppy twice before running off to Savigliano to pick up Laura.  We went to the station and caught the train to Turin.  It was pretty comfy and not crowded at all.  We arrived in Turin at about 9:45 in time for the stores opening at 10!!  We had a coffee and took some photos of the beautiful piazzas of Turin.
Piazza Castello
First we went into H & M which was full of 1980s throw back clothes.  Not cute.  But I did find a shirt and some hair clips.  Love those H & M accessories!  Then we went into a bunch of other clothes stores looking for some deals.  Not many to be had, but Laura did buy a skirt from Zara.  After a few hours shopping up and down the fancy Via Roma we headed back to the train station where we checked out a few more stores.  I bought some gloves at the train station United Colors of Benetton and then we got a couple of sandwiches for lunch. 
Porta Nuova Train Station
At 1 pm or so we caught the train back to Savi Beach.  I got home at 2:30 and walked the puppy who had probably slept all day.  Fabri got home at 3:30 and we hung out and took it easy until he had to go back to work for a night shift.  Thank goodness for a little shopping excitement!
Thumbs up to shopping in Turin

3 comments:

Goldstein Gazette said...

But what did you buy for Laura? This was her shopping trip after all...

Laura Goldstein said...

Yay Shopping! Good thing you took a Laura with you!
Next time I need pics of the purchases...thanks!

Jess said...

That green glove was one purchase and I sent the thing I bought for Laura G with her Valentine card today!!!!