Thursday, October 21, 2010

Our Best Man turns 30

A couple of weekends ago we were conspirators in a surprise party for our Best Man Miki.  By conspirators I mean that we were invited and we succeeded in not telling Miki and I successfully did not post anything about it on the blog or facebook or buzz or something like that.  Big accomplishment.
Laura & Miki at our wedding
Anyway, you should remember Miki from the wedding.  He's a flavorist by day and a rock star by night.  Whatever that means. 

His lovely girlfriend Sonia (with help of her beautiful sister Ylenia and HER so-so boyfriend Steo) organized a dinner at the Jazz Club of Cuneo.  We'd never been there before but I liked the idea of a little live jazz music playing while we ate.  There was this great little band of 3 that I wish we had heard more from.  They had a stand up bass which I love accompanying a sax and a guitar.

Fabri sat across the table from Pej, a fellow doctor friend and they talked medicine the ENTIRE night.  That was fine though, because I got to talk a little with everyone!  And it was a great group of people.
Miki and Sonia
The food was all right, nothing spectacular, but we certainly weren't hungry at the end.  I remember especially liking the pasta, but I don't remember what it was.  Whoops!  Miki chose a very yummy nebbiolo called Rispetto (respect) and at the end of the meal we toasted him with spumante.  It was just a fun time hanging out with some awesome people we don't see often enough. 
Danielle and Angela
Me!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

love the new background! nice!

Jess said...

Thank you, it's Mon Viso (as I'm sure you knew). We took that photo from the top of the hill above the Saluzzo Castle about 2 years ago after we moved into our new house.

Carolyn said...

So many parties, so little time! You're not going to make a special trip for our halloween party next weekend?? Marcello's gonna be a robot and I'm gonna be a glamorous zombie! Any excuse to wear one of my evening dresses!

Anonymous said...

Jess-I've noticed one theme in all your new postings and that is... party when you're up, party when you're down (pun intended!). Glad you are happy, having fun and still in love. What could be better? Love you.

witcrow said...

That was not anonymous, that was Aunt Sue!

Jess said...

Lol thanks for clearing that up Aunt Sue!!! Love you.

Caitlin said...

Might I say that you SASS-AY in that picture at the end. I like it!