Monday, May 31, 2010

As American as Apple Pie



It is always my goal to write these posts in chronological order, but I just can't.  I wanted to write a little bit more about our US trip and haven't gotten to it yet.  So here it is:
From US Trip May 2010
We were lucky to go to TWO baseball games while we were in town this month.  Both were Nats' games and both times they won, so that was pretty sweet.  We went to the first game with Micah & Anna, but not before meeting Amy in Chinatown for a couple of beers!
From US Trip May 2010
We saw a couple awesome home runs and one "play of the day" catch.  Don't ask me who did what, I don't remember any details.  That's why I try to write these things soon after the event happens...
From US Trip May 2010
The second game Fabri treated the Goldstein family (+ Chris, an unofficial Goldstein) to some awesome nose bleed seats. What's cool about the Nats' stadium is there are no bad seats.  We even got to see Steph who was at the game with her roommate.
From US Trip May 2010
I mostly go to baseball games for the food.  I like hotdogs & 8$ beers and of course peanuts.  Also sitting outside and yelling is fun too.  I even bought a new Nats hat so I would fit right in.  

Oh take me out to the ball game,
Take me out to the crowd!
Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks!
I don't care if we ever get back!
Root, root, root for the home team
If they don't win it's a shame,
Cause it's one, two, three strikes you're out
In the ol' ball game!

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Food is definitely the best part of baseball games! Sounds like you guys packed a lot into your visit!

Lauren said...

I haven't been to a Nats game in the new stadium yet and I live in here... I want to go! Cute family pic, including unofficial goldstein chris ;)

mom said...

Hey the Nats are great and my foot is now in a pretty kelly green cast! I'll have to watch the Nats on tv 'til this cast is off!

Laura Goldstein said...

Chris is cute!

Next time I go to a Nats game, I want to see Justin Maxwell playing!

Chris said...

Dear Laura Suze:

How about you don't talk about my cuteness (which, of course, is undisputed) in the same blog post where you linguistically drool all over your super top secret closet boyfriend, Justin Maxwell. Thanks!

Love,
Your not-so-athletic, not-so-tan, not-so-wealthy, real-life BF

PS: I might've read into that a little much. Oh well.

PPS: Hi Jess! I started listening to an Italian language cd in the car on the way to/from work. You can test me next time you're stateside!

Amy Buff said...

Great pictures in this post:)