Thursday, April 8, 2010

Birthday Month!

Some people know April  for the showers that bring May flowers, but, to me, April is my birthday month!  And I do think it should be a month long celebration.  So far we're keeping busy and having fun.
From Easter 2010
Last weekend was Easter which is another excuse to eat way, way too much.  I'm not going to do a long Easter weekend post yet because I'm still waiting on a bunch of pictures from our new best friends Rebecca & Kevin.  They're friends of Micah's and are stationed in Germany and came to visit for the Easter weekend with their 1 year old daughter and their 2 pomeranians! We all survived (even Olney) and we all had fun!

Added to the fun and excitement is more work.  I have two new English students which means more money, so that's good.  The museum is going on as usual.  I'm a little sick of moths & butterflies, so I've started working in other parts of the collection and I'm attempting to help Gian with a new geology exhibit.  It turns out I don't know much about geology...  Oh!  Also this year I'm going to work on my own exhibit titled "The Insects you WANT to see in your garden" about beneficial insects.  So work is going well!
From Olney Puppy
Here's a picture of Olney getting the last bit of dog food dust from the bottom of the bag!  That should hold you over until I get the Easter pictures!  Don't forget to comment!

4 comments:

liz said...

congrats on the fun work stuff! i just started a new job, and i share your feelings of realizing that i don't know too much about certain things.

happy birthday month! can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks :)

Laura Goldstein said...

That puppy looks like he wants to eat that darling baby!

Also, when the page first came up I thought "oh no! you had a baby and didn't tell me!" She looks a little like you with those blue eyes and light hair.

Try to tell me when you have a baby next time, ok?

Jess said...

It's not my baby! Though stealing her did cross my mind... Olney loved her though. She liked to share her food with him.

witcrow said...

I love the pictures from the ball game and the wedding. If you are a true Nats fan, then you will be excited to know that Strasburg is pitching his first game this evening.
It is a really big deal around here.

Maddie has one more week of finals and ACT testing and then school's out for summer. I think I will be happier then she is!

This doesn't seem to be the right place--it looks like it is about the dogs but, hey, who really cares?

Love you.